Saturday, March 8, 2008

21 @ SXSW





21 was the opening film for South by Southwest Film Festival. The Paramount was filled to capacity. It was a great kickoff to the festival.

The film definitely delivered. Solid cast and script. With the producing team of Dana Brunetti and Mike Deluca, what else would you expect. It made me laugh and sit at the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen next. Judging by the audibles in the audience, I wasn't the only one.

Ben Mezrich, author of "Bringing Down the House."


Ben Mezrich was asked if he was a writer on the script. Ben said, "Books and scripts are two different genres. I consulted on the script." Dana Brunetti found an article in "Wired Magazine", and contacted him about his book. Ben thought it was MIT students playing a joke on him when he received the phone call from Kevin Spacey.

Robert Luketic introduced the film. The director said, "I wanted to show that I could do more than just movies that had dresses in it. It was kind of like starting all over again."
Dana Brunetti, producer of 21.

No spoilers here. If you have a chance to go see it, it's worth it! 21 opens in theaters on March 28th.

No comments: